Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nog leaves not only lasting impression, but NAUSEA!



Just trying to get comfortable, or throw-up, or taking a little snooze waiting for it to come.



Sibling Visits

We enjoyed visits from his Great-Grandma Merrill, his Auntie Heather, his sister, Mikelle, and cousin, Natalie Shields today. Yesterday I was grateful for visits from Mehana Jansen, Rachel McDonald and Timothy's four brothers: Spencer, Rickey, Trevor, and Aaron. Also, Julie Ahlstrom and Grandma Shields spent the day Friday. Thursday night we saw Zach & Liz, and Lynn & Lisa and appreciate all the time and effort spent by those who have come to visit.

As of today, poor Timothy has not been himself quite yet, although they assure me he's doing wonderfully and these are typical recovery steps. He actually progressed enough to get all of his chest tubes pulled out and stitched up. He got off the milrinone and was moved to the floor, where he's literally enjoying the floor. (see photo)



The best thing I packed (next to the mound of picture books from the library) was the egg shell carton mattress so I can lie next to him and comfort him on the ground. We're both also glad I packed the red Christmas lights for the ambiance of the room. He loves both and I loved getting to hold him today once the chest tubes were gone. He slept in my arms most of the day and he also really liked being up on his knees, rather than on his back. He often fell asleep while sitting or kneeling while in the most uncomfortable positions.


Timothy was very nauseous, tired, and worn-out though today. He had one of his throwing up sessions while in transit from the PICU to the 3rd floor and was unfortunately laying flat on his back. We tried to quickly roll him, carefully of course, but he doesn't like his bibs getting dirty. We got a blue one for him this time. The way they're talking, it looks like Timothy might be on the fast-track home--like maybe Monday or Tuesday. We'll see, but things are looking positive. He of course doesn't look so good to me, but I'm hoping that will improve before I'm left to take sole-responsiblity for his care. Enjoy some photos and real life clips of his days in the hospital.

Thanks again for all of your love, prayers, and support!

Love, Kathy

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Kathy...I don't know how you do it! It breaks my heart to look at these pictures! What a sweet little boy ~ glad to hear things are going well - we will continute to pray for your family!

Sue said...

Hang in there, sweet little man.

LM said...

Kathy, Seeing his pictures makes it hard to imagine what your family is going through, but seeing the video made it even more real. You are in our prayers.