Monday, August 31, 2009

Workman fun, Hiking Y, Lagoon, Deseret News 5K

We thoroughly enjoyed our time with the Workman's. They were bringing Laura up to start BYU. It's baffling to think we have kids that age. Here we are hiking the Y.






Here's both households put together. One impressive group!!

Get together with Kathy, Felila, Marri, Heather, and Anne


Annie and I have still got it. Oh Yeah!

I think?

Brian, Spencer, Jake, and Gabe saying good-bye to Spencer as he heads off to Lodi.


Water park at the Brown Reunion with Clay, Spencer, Ty, Rickey.



Timothy with Viliami (who helped name Timothy with Grandpa Shumway.)


Having a little too much fun at Dr. Adams. . . annual check-ups.
Spencer was way excited about the BYU-Hawaii fundraiser 5K event. Can you tell? I love that he wears Sunday socks to run in. He did pretty good though and had a great chance at winning the double scooter that they raffled after. Trevor got 2nd place and Aaron got 4th, both in the 1 mile run.



We wanted to do a big back east trip this summer, but with the economy and all decided it was best to do a "stay-cation." We had a blast going to Lagoon, out to eat, to movies, and finished it off with running the Deseret News 5k in honor of my nephew Grant that drowned 10 years ago.



I was quite a bit more brave than Jeff in the scary rides department.


Did anyone notice the color coordination that was going on? It was super handy to find everyone and none of the kids even complained.




Before the Deseret News race.



Poor Aaron wanted to leave me in the dust during the race, but I made him stay with me.



Celebrating Rickey's eagle award with some friends, pumpkin waffles, and flank steak.



Tomika and I with most of our kids.



Mikelle took care of dressing Timothy this day. Do you think he's pleased? You'd better believe it. He LOVES his bibs and is getting pretty particular about what color he wants and how many etc.


Bombay House celebration with Workman's and Mom.



1 comment:

Nicole said...

So I was really jealous to see that you guys got to hang out with the Workmans, until I saw the picture of you guys doing the splits. Yikes! I don't think I've even tried to do the splits in 20 years - and I'm not going to start now!

But it looks like you had a blast. I almost came out there to drop off Katie but the logistics of 64 hours in the car with only one driver on the ride home convinced me that buying her a plane ticket was a much better option!