Mikelle got a fish tank for her birthday. We added a few fish. One sadly died. Some have had babies but we had to remove them from the big tank because the fish are cannibals!
For Mikelle's birthday we went on a bike ride along the Provo River trail where we went all the way from our house to Utah Lake and back home. It was so enjoyable. I had Jeff pick the 2 younger kids up at Utah Lake fearing they wouldn't make it all of the way, but I wished I had just let them stay. They loved it wanted to go further.
Mikelle's birthday cake and new fish tank.
Trevor and his cousin James flexing after undergoing exfoliating mud treatment. (Mud slide at Grandma's house.)
Trevor and James and their snakes from our garden (or maybe from the Wilson's orchard).
I've got one photo of Trevor with 5 snakes!!! I have to pretend I'm not scared of them when he pushes them in my face, or he'll torment me endlessly. I love boys and their excitement for life and nature.
Kathy and Leslie (Bear cubs leaders) with some of the Bears fishing at Vivian. Jeff did all of the work, I just showed up. Thanks Jeff.
Trevor's 10th birthday was happy for him as he got 2 airsoft guns. I was surprised to find him out front facing our huge window shooting towards the window. I went out to discover he had placed his homemade target directly below the window and was hoping to aim low or something. I wonder if 10 year olds are old enough for airsoft and BB guns when I see stunts like this. Unfortunately his gun broke that very first day and we had to return it. (Who know's for what?) Trevor loves to ride the little motorcycle in our back yard since we haven't gotten out camping to an open field too much, but he spent a lot of the summer trying to get the motorcycle to start. Thanks to Brother Wilson for his help.
Trevor's Medeival Castle Cake
Celebrating Dad and Mom Shields "would be 60th anniversary" with a tasty flank dinner at our home.
Family bikeride to Jeff's work. Funny story: Jeff refused to participate saying it was going to be "too hard," so he drove that day. Once he realized how we fared, he decided to give it a try and now he loves biking to work.
Jeff, Spencer, and Rickey went on the annual motorcycling trip with Kathy's brothers this year. Spencer was thrust right in as he went 100+ miles on the first day of quite difficult terrain. Jeff and Rickey came a little late so missed out on that one. Finally a photo of 9 of the 9 brothers and in-laws on the motorcycle trip. Dad would be proud, or a nervous wreck worrying for their safety.

No comments:
Post a Comment